- Location / Region Cheshire
About Thornton Manor
First built in the middle of the 19th century, Thornton Manor has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II listed building.
Located in the village of Thornton Hough, Wirral, England, the house was first built in the middle of the 19th century and has been altered and extended in a number of phases since. From 1888 to the end of the 20th century the house was occupied by the Viscounts Leverhulme. It is now used as a conference and events centre, and a venue for weddings in Cheshire.
The house is built of stones with slate roofs. It has three storeys and an irregular plan. The entrance front faces south-west and has protruding wings on both sides. The park was first laid out during Forwood’s ownership. It included paths, a small summer house and a bridge.